Saturday, April 28, 2012

Renewing Your Vows, Hollywood Style

I cannot bring myself to read MSNBC entertainment sectionals anymore.  For one, they're half full of the people I don't want to hear about.  They run stories about people who are famous merely for their ability to be drunk and seriously trashy on very barely edited television.  Television that people are happy to purchase in their cable packages.  It's labeled an international incident whenever some "celebrity" spills their coffee across the street from a well-established paparazzi corner.  It's appalling.  


Today, my weekend "forehead smack" read?  Mariah Carey.  She just completed renewing her vows.  Which is a sweet, beautiful ceremony and a testimony to the number of years that you've been married.  If you've been married for 30, 40, 50 years.  She's just renewed her vows for the fourth time.  She's been married for four years. So she's said "I Do" five times, with a new wedding inspired gown and a strategically placed professional photographer every time .  Some people say it's romantic, keeping the moment alive, Me  (married now for close to two years and solid in the knowledge that I married the one for me), I've got to think it's a screaming testimonial to her personal insecurity in her marriage and commitment to a younger man that hasn't been in the entertainment industry as long as she has been.  I could be wrong.  But my husband and I say "I love you" to each other more than once a day, we try to make the time to share at least one meal together as he's working full+time, we know what's going on in each other's day, and we have the same shared future goals concerning kids, retirement, and soon-to-be-purchased furniture.  We try to have an adventure now that we've pledged our love to each other, and it works for us.  That should be enough for most people, super-famous and rich, or not.   Thoughts, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment