Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh, little pop-stars...growing up so fast (or, my rant for the day about the ridiculous-ness of celebrities.)

Miley Cyrus is the latest celebrity to join the "I was misquoted" parade, saying that she really does like Internet sensation Rebecca Black. Cyrus last week told anAustralian radio show that when it comes to the likes of Black, "It should be harder to be an artist. You shouldn't just be able to put a song on YouTube and go out on tour." Now, Cyrus is telling E!,"I am a fan of Rebecca Black. I love Rebecca Black. I just got misquoted. I think she's great." (MSN-Scoop)


Oh-my-goodness.  Can somebody puh-lease tell me who told Miley Cyrus that she was hot sh&t and that nobody else mattered?  I'd like to have a couple of words with that person.  It should be harder for someone to put a song on YouTube?  Has she also forgotten who her father (used to be)?  How does everyone think she got into the music scene in the first place?  Does anyone honestly think it was all her hard work and dedication to her craft that made record labels take an interest?  I don't think so.  Daddy's name and career (and cash) helped out quite a bit.  


I'd like to remind her that as popular as thirteen (yes, thirteen) year old Rebecca's video is, so is Miley's viral marijuana video.  Looks like she's losing just a smidgen of attention because she did something stupid in front of a video camera that someone put up in the internet, and now she's jealous that someone's getting the same attention that she got at that age.  Next thing you know, she'll be taking pot-shots at the little girl who garnered Lady Gaga's attention by singing "Born this Way" like a vocal prodigy/angel and was subsequently invited to sing on stage with Gaga.  Heaven knows Britney Spears or Hilary Duff  might rightly take her down a peg or two if she directed her "I'm not number one anymore" woes at them and I would hope that they wouldn't be so nice about it and or that they were mis-quoted.  I know I wouldn't be if I were famous enough to bend her ear.  Everyone will forget about it next time her newest racy music video comes out, and she'll reclaim, but I can only hope that Miss Black keeps a level head (and most of her clothing on) until she's twenty or so.  If Miley can't learn to quit picking on other rising stars, maybe she can at least keep the punches to her own age group.  One can only hope.  (The next Disney channel star will only out-do her, anyway.  Here's to hoping it's Rebecca Black...)


Allie H.

No comments:

Post a Comment