Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New recipe...that I'm actually trying!

This has got to be the simplest thing in the world but since I used to make dried fruits with an actual food dryer, this is a bit different for me.  I'm making apple chips in the oven!  I perused a few different recipes on the internet and they're getting close to actually drying out a bit as we speak but I'll let you know how they come out.  One of the easiest recipes recommended baking at 80 degrees Celsius, but I upped it to 100 for the last round of baking after turning them over.  I sliced two apples as thin as I could with our super kitchen knife, sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar, and tossed them in the oven right on the rack.  Crossing fingers!


Enjoy,


Allie H.


P.S.  Here's a picture-remembered to take a picture before I ate them all (Well, Kris ate a few, too...)

No comments:

Post a Comment