Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baked Chicken Burritos

Scrap my casserole idea...if I can find tortillas that aren't pricey.  Blogging this so I know where to find it next time I want it and so I can share it with you all!  Looks ridiculously easy.



Easy Chicken Burritos

Ingredients -
3 lbs shredded, cooked chicken
¼ cup sour cream
7 ½ oz can tomatoes with jalapeño peppers
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
¼ cup sour cream
1 diced tomato
1 cup sliced iceberg lettuce
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
16 oz can refried beans
8 flour tortillas, 8 inches diameter
Preparation:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Combine the chicken, canned tomatoes with their liquid, chili powder, sour cream and salt in a bowl. Divide the refried beans between each tortilla, spreading them evenly over. Divide the chicken between each tortilla, placing it in the centers.
Sprinkle half the cheese over the chicken and roll up the burritos.
Place them seam side down in a 12 x 8 inch baking dish.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
Bake for another 5 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown.
Sprinkle the lettuce and tomato over the top and serve.
(Serves 4)
Enjoy!

Allie H.
P.S.  I'm an idiot-I forgot to mix the sour cream into the meat mixture so I'm going to mix some cheese or salsa into it and spread on top of the burritos for the baking process...think it'll come out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment