Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!

I absolutely cannot believe it's a new year, 2012, even.  I can't remember wondering when I was a teenager what 2012 was going to be like but I don't think I could have possibly imagined I'd be sitting on an entirely different continent with a husband and a dog, having already been there for a year and a half, having been to parts of France and Rome, Milan, struggling with the Italian language because we live in the gorgeous Italian region of Switzerland!  Never in my wildest dreams.  I've always dreamed of traveling, going to exotic places like Egypt and romantic spots in Paris, but I never thought when I was in high school that I'd actually live abroad while being able to travel, being all the closer to "the other side of the world."  


We have plans to eventually see more sights, visit more countries, reach some more goals which we're working towards.  The Dutch bloodline in me wants to see Holland; the dream to sail the world has us taking a sailing course to get our International Skipper's License so we can sail anywhere in the world, charter a boat on our vacations.  Kris has seen the southern coast of Italy and I would love more than anything to go and see it with him, and sail the waters of the Mediterranean.  Chloe's goals are no more lofty than going anywhere we go and tasting different cheeses and other whatever treats we're willing to dispense.  She's pretty easy to please!  


We've been pretty lucky to have this chance in life-living halfway around the world and meeting new people, making new friends, seeing new things, and we're hoping that this year will be even more profitable in new experiences and stamps on our passports.  It's been the most incredible start to our marriage, picking ourselves up and whisking ourselves away to a new place, and we're only hoping to continue seeing amazing things happen.  I can only hope that everyone else out there is finding just as amazing things for themselves and their loved ones as we're been finding for ourselves.  I'm wishing everyone a very Happy New Year and many more Happy New Years to come.
Cheers!


Allie H.

No comments:

Post a Comment